If you’re thinking of joining a bowls clubs, to play and learn about this game, then you also need to know some rules. Every sport that you would research about has a number of rules and etiquettes that the members or team players should follow. While some are similar among many of these games, there are certain regulations and procedures that differ. So, before considering joining this game, this article highlights some important etiquette new players should be aware of. This is an exciting game that any individual even including children over 9 years of age could play. The game is played, rolling the bowls on a bowling green, which is a large ground. Given that, here are some of the important manners that you should keep in mind:
• One of the main rules that you should follow entering the club with the proper lawn bowls apparel, which can be purchased from stores. Inquire about the dress code when participating in a match or game.
• When you’re entering the bowling greens for a game or to practice, you should follow the steps assigned to you. Don’t interrupt another player or team, walking across when they are about to roll or while playing the game. If you’re playing, you should always maintain a distance of about 1 meter from the player to avoid distraction.
• Behaviour isn’t second to the above but is one of the other important rules that you should follow. This include a range of protocols;
– No disrespect to other team members is accepted (e.g. lack of punctuality of a game and more).
– No fowl language is allowed in any situation whether or not you’re involved in a game.
– You should greet the opposing team with a short introduction and handshake prior to and at the end of the match.
– No damage to the greens, equipment, accessories (which are available in a lawn bowls shop) is accepted.
• Understand all the rules of the games, which comprise of the role of each team member labeled as, the skip, the third, the second and the lead and markers. Furthermore, you should know the protocols for playing types of games such as single, teams, etc. Additionally, research about the different shots as well.
It’s the responsibility of every individual or team member to follow these rules. As a fact, they could maintain a good environment prior and during the game. You should also remember to be on the best behaviour, even when you’re simply practicing and not playing a game. With that said, research about other rules that these clubs follow and familiarize yourself with it.